Yun Fu is a software engineer in the Bay Area. Yun is interested in Distributed Systems, Databases, Data Mining and Machine Learning.
Ph.D., Computer Science, Duke University, 1998-2004.
M.S., Computer Science, Duke University, 1998-2001.
M.Eng., Computer Science, Nankai University, China, 1995-1998.
B.S., Computer Science, Nankai University, China, 1991-1995.
- “Modeling and Generating Realistic Streaming Media Server Workloads,” Wengting Tang, Yun Fu, Ludmila Cherkasova, Amin Vahdat, Computer Networks, Elsevier, Vol. 51, Issue 1, 336-356, January 2007.[PDF]
- “Towards the Semantic Web: Collaborative Tag Suggestions,” Zhichen Xu, Yun Fu, Jianchang Mao, Difu Su, Proceedings of Collaborative Web Tagging Workshop at 15th International World Wide Web Conference. May 2006 [PDF]
- “Measuring and Characterizing End-to-End Internet Service Performance,” Ludmila Cherkasova, Yun Fu, Wenting Tang, Amin Vahdat, ACM Transactions on Internet Technology, November 2003. [PDF]
- “SHARP: An Architecture for Secure Resource Peering,” Yun Fu, Jeff Chase, Brent Chun, Stephen Schwab, Amin Vahdat. Proceedings of the 19th ACM Symposium on Operating System Principles, October 2003. [PDF]
- “Bootstrapping a Distributed Computational Economy with Peer-to-Peer Bartering,” Brent N. Chun, Yun Fu, and Amin Vahdat. Proceedings of 1st Workshop on Economics of Peer-to-Peer Systems, June 2003. [PDF]
- “MediSyn: A Synthetic Streaming Media Service Workload Generator,” Wenting Tang, Yun Fu, Ludmila Cherkasova, and Amin Vahdat. Proceedings of 13th NOSSDAV, June 2003. [PDF]
- “Service Level Agreement Based Distributed Resource Allocation for Streaming Hosting Systems,” Yun Fu and Amin Vahdat. Proceedings of 7th International Workshop on Web Content Caching and Distribution (WCW), August 2002. [PDF]
- “EtE: Passive End-to-End Internet Service Performance Monitoring,” Yun Fu, Ludmila Cherkasova, Wenting Tang, and Amin Vahdat, Proceedings of the USENIX Annual Technical Conference, June 2002. (Best Student Paper Award) [PDF]